We are working on developing an open-source standard for unmanned flight/airspace management standard which will be developed under apache2 license so that it can be easily adopted in other parts of the world.
The standard should define interaction and/or behavior of
- Various Service Providers (DSP, ATC, etc)
- Unmanned Aircraft
Key concepts are borrowed from existing DigitalSky standard 1.0 and we have identified the following areas for improvement on RFM.
- Add versioning
- Inclusion of ECC
- Clarity on Internal ID/UUID
- Clarity on Keypair Generation
- Flights Logs API - Skylark/Abhiroop
- Programmability of Permissions Artefact (Formats, Signature, Updates to Permission Artefacts) - atleast one compact format
- Clarification on Pilot Pin
- Responsibility Shift of Device Management Server (Telco operator model, Sidhant’s feedback)
- Key rotation without need of management server
- Registration before sale?
- Minimum standards for communication between chips/modules/TEE
- Sequence Diagram on APIs
- Geofence (Hard/Soft) and actions in case of a breach
We will have weekly calls on Sunday, 3:00 PM. Let’s start by having our first call on April 14th, 2019.
Please reply if you are interested in contributing and can join the call this Sunday. We can use skype.
Thanks all, looking forward to completely open drone ecosystem.